Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yeah for springtime!!!

Well, I think it's time for a new post since it's a change in season, huh? I didn't mean for a new blog post to be such a rare occasion, I'll try to do better. Anyway, I am SO excited for springtime! There is just something about it that livens my spirit. Isn't the AZ weather just amazing right now? 

Well, for a little update on us, we are still living in my parents' basement.  For a few days last week, we had been smelling some foul odor we thought was maybe a hidden dirty diaper. Finally, Aaron heard a dripping sound in the wall and the carpet was all soaked near one wall. Well, a pipe had cracked and created a huge disaster area! We are living in a construction zone now, with the carpet and wall torn apart. The day they tore it out, the smell was so rank it was difficult to be anywhere inside the house! They are still trying to locate the leak, and there will be more torn apart before it gets better. We still have to move everything out of the basement so we can redo the carpet, wall, painting, etc. It's not going to be fun.

Anyway, my parents are just great and we enjoy their company. My mom watches Kinlee for us when I am at work and Aaron is at school. After 3 years at Desert Schools, Aaron left to focus on school full time. Yeah Aaron! He is doing great and enjoying being able to focus his full attention on schoolwork. I am working 4 days a week at Dolce still doing massage, anyone want to come in and see me? 

I'll post more pics soon. Hope you're all doing great!


5 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Glad to hear that you guys are doing well (despite the basement leakage adventure)! I know I saw the pictures below when you first posted them, but they are great! You guys are such a beautiful little family!

Cami Epperson said...

I definitely do want to come see you! Once I can, I will! Sorry about the disaster at your place. No fun. We miss you over here!

CeeJ said...

oh well! Sorry to hear about the leak in the pipes! That's such a pain!! I bet your mom just LOVES having Kinlee all to herself!! :)

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Yipee...you updated your blog!! You guys need to post more cause I'm definitely a fan! Hmmmm maybe I will take you up on that offer and go visit you at Dolce cause I live right up the street from there!! Is Gary still working there to?

That darn leak in your house...I hate when there are weird house smells and it takes you forever to figure out where they came from!! That's so great that Aaron is back in school...I remember back at EA when we attempted to study for biology together, but it never worked out cause we both have short attention spans. Tell him and baby Kinlee hi for me!! :)

Briana said...

Hey girl! I didn't know you were part of the blogging world. I found your link on Heather's site. I'm sorry to hear about the basement...that's too bad. Post more pictures. I can't see you in person, but I'm excited to watch your family grow through photographs!